It's In The Cards

Consulting the cards has become a way of life for me. This is the place where I write about my readings, their meanings, and all other types of divination.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Astral Travel

Last week, I mentioned that I was about to embark on an astral travel exercise in class. I was really looking forward to it.

The night of class, only three of students showed up (me, included). We discovered that one person dropped out, another was working different hours so was taking individual instruction, and another changed jobs and might not be attending much as a result. Kind of odd how, after several months, a few just disappeared so quickly, but I guess it happens...

Anyway, the instructor led us through a guided meditation to take us to the crossroads (I'm still a bit unsure as to what the importance of the crossroads is), and to show us the place where we'll be traveling to more frequently to do magic and whatnot in our astral lives.

He began the meditation by asking us to become air. As he described it, I could feel myself crumbling up into air bound molecules, and felt myself whirling around in the air. He continued to guide us, but I was having so much fun swirling around in the air I couldn't concentrate on him anymore. I felt like I was on an amusement park ride...my body felt as if it was in motion, and I was twirling and moving and swirling around. It was fun...but I totally lost the meditation at that point.

I tried periodically to get back to where he was leading us, and once in awhile I'd see something (like I did see the crossroads and the pole, but I wasn't actually there, as I was still air bound). At some point, I fell asleep, much as I used to when I was a kid in the backseat of the family car.

When our instructor guided us out of our meditation, I woke up and became one with my body again. However, when he went around the room to ask us about specific parts of our experience ("What did the crossroads look like?" "Did you see the forest?" "What kind of pole did you see?"), I had to embarrassingly answer that I wasn't able to follow his meditation because I was playing around in the air.

I really wish I had been able to be more grounded during the meditation. My classmates who were able to stay with it really seemed to get a lot out of it. While I got something too (a feeling of freedom and fun), I don't have anything concrete to work with, and that's somewhat disappointing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home