It's In The Cards

Consulting the cards has become a way of life for me. This is the place where I write about my readings, their meanings, and all other types of divination.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Quitting

A friend of mine made an impulsive move: she quit her job. She wasn't planning on it; she needs the money. But, the job was just one big aggravation after another, and when her co-worker quit and the decision was made not to hire a replacement, but to pile the work on my friend instead, she quit.

Good for her. She's started her own business, and now it's time for her to let loose.

I felt moved to pull some cards for her, though, seeing as she is somewhat unnerved at her own moxie. This is the reading I gave to her (and of course I used Tarot of White Cats for this reading):

Card 1: The World
This card shows you are in a position to realize your heart's desire. I believe this card confirms quitting was the absolute right thing to do. But don't be scared about this next card:

Card 2: Five of Pentacles
This card shows you'll be facing some hard times. I have a feeling those hard times won't last long because the third card is:

Card 3: Two of Chalices (Cups)
This card represents the power of two. In looking at it, I get two very distinct impressions: 1) your husband will be an important part of whatever happens next and 2) make the most of your connections. So, look for the connections in your life, especially those that are one-on-one.

I feel good about the reading; I just hope the second card doesn't scare her too much... even though she actually expects that to happen, she, of course, hopes it doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home