It's In The Cards

Consulting the cards has become a way of life for me. This is the place where I write about my readings, their meanings, and all other types of divination.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Hanged Man

I haven't done a daily pull in a few days. I had two major readings done on me Sunday, and hadn't felt the need. Today, though, I felt the need.

I pulled out my favorite deck and asked the same old question: What do I need to be aware of today? The card I pulled? The Hanged Man.

At first glance, I thought "Inactivity." But, then something nagged at me, so I went and looked up the meaning. A portion of the definition really stood out: "In readings, the Hanged Man reminds us that the best approach to a problem is not always the most obvious. When we most want to force our will on someone, that is when we should release. When we most want to have our own way, that is when we should sacrifice. When we most want to act, that is when we should wait. The irony is that by making these contradictory moves, we find what we are looking for."

This last part stood out and stopped me in my tracks. Last night, I learned how to do a simple love spell using a candle. Since things have been so rocky between hunky and I, I planned on taking what I learned and putting it into action. I believe pulling this card when I did was the Universe's way of telling me "don't do it yet."

So I won't.

The important thing is, I know how to do it if I need to, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home