It's In The Cards

Consulting the cards has become a way of life for me. This is the place where I write about my readings, their meanings, and all other types of divination.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Vassago

The other night in class, my instructor, Steve, led us in an exercise to contact the spirit Vassago for some "information gathering."

Using tarot cards, the circle was called. Steve called Vassago. The woman who acted as vessel had a stack of tarot cards (minor arcana, aces removed), and we proceded to ask Vassago questions, and "the vessel" would put tarot cards down on one of the ace cards on the table, illiciting a "Yes," "No," "Maybe," or "Ask another question" response.

When it was my turn to ask a question, I asked "Will I get the job at KOLO?" The answer was maybe. Steve asked me if I wanted the job. I said I wasn't sure. A couple of the more learned people laughed, and then Steve explained that Vassago isn't a fortune teller; he can only give information on known things. So, in other words, if I didn't know if I wanted the job, my indecision would not give Vassago a clear vision on the answer.

Steve suggested I be more precise in my question, and gave me a couple of examples. So I asked "If I apply for the job at KOLO, will I get it?" And Vassago said "Yes."

The next day, I went about the task of brushing up my resume and writing a cover letter. I wanted hunky to review, first, and he wasn't able to until the evening. After I made a few changes, I sent it to KOLO the next day.

I haven't heard from KOLO, not even an email stating they received my resume. So, now I'm left wondering what the deal is.

See, after I heard the "yes" and got my resume together, I started to feel that the job was mine. When I sent the resume in, I just had this overwhelming sense that I had done the right thing and would soon get a call. However, the call hasn't come.

I am trying to remind myself that a similar thing happened when I first applied at the company I'm with now. I applied, was told they wanted me, and cancelled the interview a day before it happened. It took two more tries (after they fired incompetent assistants) before I finally became an employee.

So maybe I shouldn't feel as if I was wrong in thinking the job is mine. Maybe it's just going to take some more time. After all, I didn't ask if it would happen this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home